Foro » Last.fm Client Support

Client UPDATE: iTunes Scrobbling / Lion OS X issues.

• Thorens escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Nov 2011, 10:16
    I have cancelled my subscription as of today, and will not subscribe again until I see the scrobbler fixed. Period.

Get your folk on, bab'eh!
    • mhybride escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Nov 2011, 19:50
    polosven escribió:
    iTunes 10 + Snow Leopard + audioscrobbler = iTunes crashing after every CD track ending...

Same here, it's pretty annoying.

• kernelj escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 18 Nov 2011, 5:49

kernelj

Subscriber in Australia. Have reinstalled and it is still not working.

Please, give us a realistic assessment of what is wrong and when it will be back on line.

Your assistance in this matter will be appreciated.

• Audioscrobbler crashing iTunes every time I play a CD

Using latest version of iTunes on Lion and every time a track ends when playing a CD iTunes crashes and a message says it's because of the audioscrobbler. I can see that loads of people are having this problem so please do something about it!

• daviddst escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Nov 2011, 1:42

lastfm and Airplay

Hi,

I'm just going to discover Lastfm website.

I'm got OSX Lion and a Airplay receiver (ADSL box). How could I stream Lastfm music through my Airplay receiver ?

I've downloaded iTunes and Lastfm app but it don't work (only HP is use, where as iTunes is setup with Airplay).

Thanks

• Same here. Can't scrobble my songs since I've moved to a MacBook.
    Get that fixed, guys!

• iPod not scrobbling all songs

Unfortunately iPod is not scrobbling everything, loses many tracks, often finds nothing when in fact I listened to a lot of songs, etc.

Many people are having this problem with several different software versions, for several years. This is a very old problem, is there anybody even working on this?

• Re: iPod not scrobbling all songs

MonarchKingdom said:
    Unfortunately iPod is not scrobbling everything, loses many tracks, often finds nothing when in fact I listened to a lot of songs, etc.

Many people are having this problem with several different software versions, for several years. This is a very old problem, is there anybody even working on this?

There's an App Store app that I got called Cloud Scrobbler I think. Works great on the iPhone/iPad/iPod.

• corkill escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 30 Nov 2011, 21:14

Another month has passed, with no relief in sight...

FIX IT!

(Until then I can't recommend last.fm scrobbling to anyone using iTunes & a Mac.)

• Galley99 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Dic 2011, 0:59
    Running iTunes on your Mac in Safe Mode will keep it from crashing, and it will still scrobble tracks being played.
    1. Quit iTunes.
    2. Hold down "Cmd + Option" and launch iTunes.
    3. Click OK to run iTunes in Safe Mode.

Note: when running in Safe Mode, you may not be able to rip CDs. To do so, quit and relaunch, normally.

Peace, love and Monkeemobiles,
    Galley
  • Re: Re: iPod not scrobbling all songs

DoctaMario said:
    MonarchKingdom said:

There's an App Store app that I got called Cloud Scrobbler I think. Works great on the iPhone/iPad/iPod.

How can I install an app on an iPod? (iPod Classic) I think it only works for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.

• Galley99 said:
    Running iTunes on your Mac in Safe Mode will keep it from crashing, and it will still scrobble tracks being played.
    1. Quit iTunes.
    2. Hold down "Cmd + Option" and launch iTunes.
    3. Click OK to run iTunes in Safe Mode.

Note: when running in Safe Mode, you may not be able to rip CDs. To do so, quit and relaunch, normally.

I have no problem scrobbling from iTunes. I only have the problem scrobbling from my iPod.

Since middle November (and possibly earlier), it doesn't find any new songs on my iPod. I have to listen to it first from my computer, after that it finds these songs in iPod without problems.

• Re: Another month has passed, with no relief in sight...

corkill said:
    FIX IT!

(Until then I can't recommend last.fm scrobbling to anyone using iTunes & a Mac.)

The frustrating thing is that nobody comes here from last.fm assuring us that they are working on the problem. I think it's safe to say they just don't give a shit.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Dic 2011, 13:01

that feel when no scrobbles ;_;

Hundreds of plays from my iPod are on iTunes, but not on Last.fm. The only reason I use this is to look at my charts. I am very upset with this.

I keep getting this message: "Sorry! Last.fm has crashed."
    It says it is sending a report, but never does. I don't know what to do about this, and I've done everything mods say to do in the stickies.

• Pretty sure I check this forum everyday and still no response...

Anyway guys, someone already recommended it on here but you should all download CloudScrob from the App Store, scrobbles any tracks played once you've installed the app. Listen to a few songs then open the app and it'll automatically search for new scrobbles. I mean yeah, we've all lost out of 100s if not 1000s of scrobbles however this is a lifesaver, hands down!

• danniSCREAMZ said:
    Pretty sure I check this forum everyday and still no response...

Anyway guys, someone already recommended it on here but you should all download CloudScrob from the App Store, scrobbles any tracks played once you've installed the app. Listen to a few songs then open the app and it'll automatically search for new scrobbles. I mean yeah, we've all lost out of 100s if not 1000s of scrobbles however this is a lifesaver, hands down!

But of course the app can only be installed on an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, but no app can be installed on an iPod Classic. As far as I know. If somebody knows better, please write here.

• Usuario
    • 4 Dic 2011, 4:27
    umm, i dunno, but nothing is scrobbling, what do i do???

• Scrobbler causes iTunes to crash when playing CDs? Try this...

Ditch the last.fm scrobbler client and try Scrobbulous.
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/scrobbulous/id437280151?mt=12
    So far so good for me. I can play CDs on my Mac without crashes. Interface isn't as nice, but at least I'm back scrobbling.
    I'm using CloudScrob for my iPhone and iPad, so all bases covered...
    Fingers crossed!
    Cheers and a big BOO to Last.fm tech support (if they exist).

Friendly Henry
    • frinsen escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Dic 2011, 19:46
    polosven escribió:
    iTunes 10 + Snow Leopard + audioscrobbler = iTunes crashing after every CD track ending...

+ 1

• sssealegs escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Dic 2011, 10:20
    Mine worked for a few scrobbles, then all of a suddden it stopped working.

So random!

I ended up deleting all my scrobbles in sheer frustration! Hurry up and fix this for those of us who want to share, and actually sadly don't have enough technical knowledge to fix this on their own.

• For those on a MAC that have it crashing at the end of playing a CD/Play list, have you tried running iTunes in 32 bit mode

from finder go into applications folder, right click iTunes and do a get info, then tick the use 32 bit mode check box

I had the crashing at the end of a play list using itunes 10 and Lion, changed the above and it has worked fine for over a month now (not sure if this will work with snow leopard, but worth a try)

not noticed any downsides yet with doing this

• paulsalter said:
    not noticed any downsides yet with doing this
    The downside is that you as a user actually have to go through this.

I'd really like some sign of development in this department. More than enough time has passed.

「七転び八起き」
    • baileaaa escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Dic 2011, 23:30
    guhhh. nothing has been scrobbling since oct. 18th! what the heck is up with this and how can it be fixed?

• Usuario
    • 8 Dic 2011, 2:36
    I'm on a PC and have just updated to the latest version of iTunes, but my ipod hasn't been scrobbling for several weeks. At first it would go through the motions and there were simply no scrobbles found. Now though I'm getting:

FATAL ERROR: Failed to get hold of iTunes instance via COM

Any help would be appreciated as I'm quite over this. I come here to look at my charts etc, and I'm pretty disappointed.

• Usuario
    • 8 Dic 2011, 2:42
    I just clicked on "get plugin" and saw that my scrobbler was set up for windows media player and not itunes when I know I installed it for itunes. I set it up for itunes again anyway, and it still wasn't working. I clicked "get plugin" again, and once again it was only set up for Media Player...

Seriously. What the hell?!

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.