Foro » Last.fm Client Support

iTunes scrobbles everything, even "do not scrobble" directories

• spazure escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Jun 2009, 15:11

iTunes scrobbles everything, even "do not scrobble" directories

I searched the forums, but was only able to find people having the opposite problem from me.

What operating system exactly are you using? Windows XP 2002 Pro SP2
    What version of the Last.fm Scrobbler do you have installed? 1.5.4.24567
    What media player are you using, and what version exactly? iTunes 8.2.0.23 (I also have Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5260, but the issue appears to only occur with itunes -- which is my primary music player)
    What's the version of the media player plugin that you have installed? iTunes plugin, version 3.0.2.0 (Windows Media Player plugin, version 2.1.0.6, for comparison)
    What's the iPod model you are requesting support for? iPod touch (2nd generation) (issue is mostly on my PC, but occurs with podcasts scrobbled from the ipod as well)
    Do you syncronise your iPod with iTunes manually or automatically? automatically

Basically, I want to scrobble everything I play, except podcasts (because lastfm doesn't need to know that I spent 2 hours listening to a podcast about a video game, for example).

I've gone into the LastFM client and unchecked the folder, telling lastfm to NOT scrobble the podcast directory. Scrobbling from Windows Media Player is now working as I want it to, but I prefer to use iTunes. How can I convince lastfm to scrobble from everything EXCEPT the iTunes podcast directory, regardless of which media player I'm using?

I've already deleted my user on the lastfm client and re-created it, re-setting the directories to scrobble (and not scrobble). I've also tried re-downloading the iTunes plugin lastfm. It's still scrobbling even the directories marked as "do not scrobble".

It's not a huge deal, b/c I can always just delete the podcasts from my lastfm library after the fact, but I figured I'd at least look into it.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2009, 13:28
    You're not alone....

It's scrobbling iTunes videos for me even though the directory is not selected.

What operating system exactly are you using? Windows Vista SP2
    What version of the Last.fm Scrobbler do you have installed? 1.5.4.24567
    What media player are you using, and what version exactly? iTunes 8.2.0.23
    What's the version of the media player plugin that you have installed? iTunes plugin, version 3.0.2.0
    What's the iPod model you are requesting support for? Not using iPod
    Do you syncronise your iPod with iTunes manually or automatically? not using iPod

• hdb21 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Jul 2009, 8:30
    Ditto.

It's scrobbling iTunes TV Shows and Podcasts for me too despite the directory not being selected (although interestingly Audiobooks remain unscrobbled as requested). This problem has persisted for several months and across several updates of iTunes.

Operating System: Windows XP Home
    Scrobbler Version: 1.5.4.24567
    Media Player Version: iTunes 8.2.1.6
    Media Plugin Version: iTunes 3.0.2.0

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the LastFM Client, but to no avail and the only "fix" I have found so far is to revert to iTunes 8.0.1.11 - hardly a long-term solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

• Same here. I was hoping someone might have an answer for this one. Mine keeps scrobbling podcasts.

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate
    Scrobbler Version: 1.5.4.24567
    Media Player Version: iTunes 8.2.1.6
    iTunes plugin, version 3.0.2.0

• Same problem here

No word of last.fm staff on this yet?

• Usuario
    • 27 Nov 2009, 18:26
    Still having this problem....got podcasts and tv shows unticked but it's still scrobbling them :(

• Usuario
    • 28 Nov 2009, 20:32
    Tracked down the problem a bit more...it only happens when tracks are played in iTunes....tracks played in Media Player don't scrobble when in a "Do not scrobble" directory

• evad4you escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Dic 2009, 5:05
    I've been having this same problem for months. I have a feeling it is related to whatever causes you to have to enable scrobbling for the Last.fm program folder when using itunes, as though all files get routed through there and it loses the ability to discriminate where they came from or something. That's my completely uneducated guess.

Same as the above posters, I just don't want it scrobbling my podcasts.

Anyone got a solution?

• Usuario
    • 9 Feb 2010, 14:20
    Anyone actually going to do anything about this?

• edmundk escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Nov 2010, 19:27
    Maybe you have set the Last.fm program folder (normally this is C: \Program Files\Last.fm) to scrobble?

Note that if you set the Last.fm program folder to scrobble, it will scrobble music from all your folders, including directories you have set not to scrobble.

See http://www.lastfm.com.tr/forum/34905/_/605040 under "Track set in directory not to scrobble" error when using iTunes.

• maslic68 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 May 2012, 8:03
    Thanks for the link... setting Last.fm program folder not to scrobble as well works nice... thanks

Tracks form do not scrobble directories will still show up as Listenig now, but they won't be scrobbled...

• In the Last.fm Desktop App Beta there is an option to disable scrobbling podcasts, under Tools > Options > Scrobbling > uncheck Scrobble Podcasts.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.