Foro » Last.fm Client Support

Last.FM decided to stop scrobbling my iPod.

• Last.FM decided to stop scrobbling my iPod.

Every time I plugged my iPod in, I would be prompted to scrobble recently played songs from my iPod. It has stopped doing that.

I disabled ipod scrobbling, then restarted both Last.FM and iTunes. Then I re-enabled ipod scrobbling, and restarted Last.FM and iTunes again. I then plugged in my iPod to see if it worked. Nothing happened.

So I then went into Diagnostics and switched to manual ipod mode, which that's how I have it in iTunes. Nothing happened. All my recently played songs should have showed up and they didn't.

I'm stumped. It always prompted me right away whenever my iPod was plugged in. I've never had an issue with it until recently. Also, a little while ago, I had to restore my ipod and start over. I can't remember if this started happening then, but it could be a possibility.

Anybody have any ideas?

• JayParmar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 13:18

BUMP

I've just made a post about this too. Last.fm is absolute rubbish :(

• Has anyone ever had this issue resolved? I even reinstalled Last.FM to see if that would work. Nope.

• I'm having the same problem with scrobbling off my iPhone. Worked fine for months and months and for the last two weeks I'm lucky if Last.fm will scrobble any of the albums I play on my iPhone.

• Bump. Can anyone help?

• Have you already tried using the newest Betaversion of the client?

• the new version is a joke - constant errors

* Head-bone connects to the neck-bone, Neck-bone connects to the arm-bone, Arm-bone connects to the hand-bone, Hand-bone connects to the internet connected to the Google connected to the government
  • Have lost patience with lastfm - constantly fails to scrobble, or re-scrobbles songs that have already been scrobbled.

Seems to be getting worse and worse, its a real shame as I used to love the site, but will be removing from my pc as it now serves no purpose with its unreliability

• bengt_bangt said:
    Have you already tried using the newest Betaversion of the client?

Yeah, As soon as I click to open it, it quits asking me to relaunch. It never opens. I'm so fucking done with Last.FM. Now, I go to play a radio station on the Last.FM software and there is no audio at all.

Fucking tired of the shit.

• m_hothi escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Abr 2012, 12:54

My iPod stopped scrobbling too

I listen to approx 100 songs per week on iPod. When I connect it, the plays register in iTunes but only 10 (if I'm lucky) show on Last.FM.

I try it almost every night but generally nothing happens. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling which makes no difference.

What's the point of this site if the music you listen too doesn't show up?

Useless.

• m_hothi escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Abr 2012, 20:51

Possible solution

Follow the instructions on this thread

http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/168488

I adjusted firewall to allow Last FM access and it seems to have possibly done the trick.

• Since the last iTunes update (10.6.1.7) my iPod stopped scrobbling too.

On my laptop, where I didn't update iTunes, it's working just fine.

So maybe the iTunes update is the reason why it's not working. Staff?

• Been having the same problem, again. Sucks that it's so inconsistent.

• Same problem here, it used to scrobble hundreds of ipod plays, then it just stopped. Sometimes it'll just randomly scrobble like five tracks, like once every few months. Wow. What happened to last fm :/

• It happened once, last year, when iTunes changed too. So now the same situation. I lost just a few scrobblings (±60), but this number will grow up, I'm sure, unfortunately.

• OhMyJord escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Abr 2012, 22:22
    I have the same problem. At the beginning of the year, whenever I synced my iPod, the Last.fm scrobbler would just detect the same bunch of songs, regardless of whether I had played them or not. Then last month, it stopped detecting plays from my iPod altogether........

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.