Foro » In the News

Jamie Oliver warns Michael Gove on academy school meals

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Abr 2012, 11:46

Jamie Oliver warns Michael Gove on academy school meals

BBC

TV chef Jamie Oliver has said Education Secretary Michael Gove is endangering pupils' nutrition by not controlling what food academy schools provide.

He said he was "totally mystified" that academies were allowed to determine what food should be on offer, while state schools follow strict rules...

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17803918

Gove is a tit, he suggested a multi-million (perhaps even billion) pounds yacht for the Queen's jubilee while implementing cuts to education maintenance allowance and not building new schools promised.

I'm wondering if Charlie Brooker was right when he said that the PM, David Cameron has surrounded himself with idiots and ballbags to deflect criticism from himself and his personal affairs (particularly his close relationship to the Murdoch empire).

• lawynd escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 22 Abr 2012, 20:51
    Gove is a complete wanker; there's also the fact that his chums are all going to benefit from building these new academies.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
  • Personally I would perfectly satisfied if Gove and Oliver just died

• Gove is my MP. : ))))))))

This country is greatly lacking in good politicians, w0wz, what news, and we continue to overlook those that are competent, or... Bring their personal lives, that don't really interfere with their work lives, into question, and so screw them over.

Woe is England. (because, 'apparently' Scotland will be gone soon, and Wales isn't real)

• lawynd escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 23 Abr 2012, 18:28
    I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing to know more than just a politician's campaign pledges; an MP that cheats on their spouse may do their job absolutely perfectly but if they can lie to someone so close to them, don't you think they might not hesitate to do the same to the general public who they don't actually know at all? That's a fairly specific example I appreciate, but I do think if they can't keep their noses clean in their personal lives then the chances are they won't in their professional ones, too.

Mostly, this is what you get when you elect a Tory government; nobody over the age of 25 should really be surprised. Labour are incompetent, but at least they're relatively benign.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
    • Usuario
    • 24 Abr 2012, 0:45
    yellowcarpet said:
    Personally I would perfectly satisfied if Gove and Oliver just died
    Not a fan of the naked chef but then it is an issue which would be ignored or swept under the carpet without him putting his name to it.

school dinners sucked in my time and I bet they were an improvement. from before my time.

• DaddyPobbin said:
    yellowcarpet said:
    Personally I would perfectly satisfied if Gove and Oliver just died
    Not a fan of the naked chef but then it is an issue which would be ignored or swept under the carpet without him putting his name to it.

school dinners sucked in my time and I bet they were an improvement. from before my time.
    He is probably campaigning for something good, I just really hate man, probably because he has the same first name as me and that was often pointed out to me. I know nothing of school dinners, as I would normally go home for lunch, I occasionally had a packed lunch, or sometimes went the chippie.

• Usuario
    • 24 Abr 2012, 1:35
    Majority of children have no choice, free school meals is the only way they're get a square meal.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.