Foro » Feedback and Ideas

Filtered view for "On Tour" bands

• unitexa escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Abr 2010, 13:15

Filtered view for "On Tour" bands

I haven't been to the site for some time, and just noticed that on individual band pages I can see that some of them are "On Tour". So I think to myself, this is an awesome little tidbit of information. Now why can't I see all the bands in my Library that are on tour? If there was a view like that, and it had a feed... I would never miss when my favorite bands get touring!

I think that would be a great feature. If there is already something like this within last.fm please let me know, but I haven't found it. I'm not a fan at all of the Event recommendation mechanism. It only allows one location to exist, and the filtering isn't very flexible. I don't live in a big town, so it doesn't help me much. And of course, if [band x] is touring and never comes close enough for the filter to catch them, I'll never know unless I scour the web regularly like an obsessive fanboy.

Anyway, that's my input :)

• dankine escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Abr 2010, 13:17
    for the meantime, set your location to the place where you go most often to gigs?

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Abr 2010, 18:03
    dankine said:
    for the meantime, set your location to the place where you go most often to gigs?

Good idea, but as someone who has lived in places where bands rarely come, it's probably not that simple. Not sure where in the U.S. he is, but there are almost certainly two or three different widely separate places which would be the most likely candidates-- when I was in Vermont, for instance, I would have wanted to check Montreal, New York, and Boston. And since any concert would have been a road-trip anyway (and thus a rare occurrence), for a band I really liked, I'd have been prepared to travel further.

Just given how it usually works where I and people I know have lived, if there were one obvious "nearest big city"-type-place, he'd almost certainly already have that set as his location for most things.

• There's an event map available in the playground, maybe that already does the trick:

http://playground.last.fm/eventmap

And using the advanced search on the event page enables you to enlarge the radius of upcoming events up to 500km:

http://www.last.fm/events

On the other hand these results list all artists, not only the ones from your library.

• unitexa escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Abr 2010, 2:31
    hmm thanks for the input guys, the event map seems like a cool little tool... it's late, i'll play more with it when i can

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.