Foro » Feedback and Ideas

"Redesign" of last.fm scrobbler

• chridd escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Jul 2009, 19:53

"Redesign" of last.fm scrobbler

This might be kinda obvious. But the new radio artist slideshow, and the lovely black layout of the radio page, it's so lovely. I would really love to the design and layout being transfert over to the last.fm scrobbler software. It just soo much modern, prettier and even more inviting! And the scrobbler needs alittle touch up ;)

Great work by the way.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Jul 2009, 19:59
    That's exactly what's happening at the moment - although there is no firm date for when this is made available, I believe "soon" is not out of the question!

• chridd escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Ene 2010, 22:17
    Cool, can't wait :D

• rwitte escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 8 Ene 2010, 22:21
    Might tempt me back from Songbird

• vassyz escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Ene 2010, 22:27
    I haven't heard any news on this redesign, on the contrary, the client development is halting. And I am happy because I don't even use the browser radio.

Thanks last.fm for taking care of our needs.

• StudleyUK said:
    That's exactly what's happening at the moment - although there is no firm date for when this is made available, I believe "soon" is not out of the question!

I believe we were already in the 'soon' stage roughly one year ago ;) :P

• Tecfan escribió...
    • Event Moderator
    • 9 Ene 2010, 11:00
    the promised "better" release is 8 months overdue ^^

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • chridd escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Ene 2010, 12:04
    Tecfan said:
    the promised "better" release is 8 months overdue ^^

Hehe, well i'm just glad i'm not on the development team :D

• rwitte escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 9 Ene 2010, 14:30
    see also here

• Tecfan escribió...
    • Event Moderator
    • 9 Ene 2010, 15:13
    I believe the official (upcoming) source files are here: http://github.com/jonocole/lastfm-desktop

looks like there has actually been some developing: http://github.com/jonocole/lastfm-desktop/commits/master/

and bothering max@last.fm probably is no use:

If you find a bug in the software, please let us know about it.
    -Max Howell <max@last.fm>
    +Jono Cole<jono@last.fm>
    Clientside Lead Developer, Last.fm

• chridd escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Ene 2010, 19:51
    how far into the delevopment stage do you think this is? Is it something that we can try out? Or would it be stupid to start messing around with it? :D

Haha i'm just dying for something new for mine eyes to look at, the old/current one is soo not pretty :D

• Tecfan escribió...
    • Event Moderator
    • 9 Ene 2010, 19:56
    I have no idea.. I'm too newbish to compile it myself..

• u-neeks escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Ene 2010, 0:51
    I'd suggest to implement atleast:

-option to change the size of icons(they are gigantic).
    or
    -option to hide the toobar.

- make the program use atomatic colors. (as a example... if u set your windows background to black and the fonts to white.. you will open the notepad.exe and see the background black and text white).
    or
    -option to set the background/foreground colors.

I'm not using that program anymore, and had to keep it hidden the whole time while I did.

• jonocole escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 11 Ene 2010, 15:24
    Yes indeed we are working towards a new, redesigned client. The github link you have found is pointing to my account.

We have made the decision to develop this new version in the open rather than releasing the source when we release the binaries. Feel free to track the project and if you fancy make contributions.

Unfortunately the task tracker on github is too basic for our needs so as a result you can't see what we're working towards other than from our commits. But any suggestions will be taken on board.

To start with though we are aiming to reach feature parity with the existing client with a fresh new UI and using the new webservice API.

• dankine escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Ene 2010, 15:33
    any extremely rough eta's?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • jonocole escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 11 Ene 2010, 17:16
    An "extremely rough" ETA would be a beta releasein the next couple of months. But that's rough so don't hold me to it (I wouldn't want to disappoint).

When it comes to beta testing we'll probably be looking to members of the Audioscrobbler Beta group.

• Tecfan escribió...
    • Event Moderator
    • 11 Ene 2010, 22:45
    Okay sweet. Thanks for the information. Are you the only one working on the client btw?

• Usuario
    • 12 Ene 2010, 0:15
    ooh that commit log has me excited now:

Swap obscure / mainstream and more / less obscurity sliders around. The famous sliders! They're real! I want this more than anything.

• vassyz escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Ene 2010, 10:56
    Can you tell me what the sliders are? I wanna get excited too :-D

• Usuario
    • 12 Ene 2010, 11:25
    The sliders (which were hinted at in this forum post and have been confirmed in other discussions with staff) will - apparently - allow you to control two of the parameters of your radio stations. From memory, I think they're:

(1) how often your radio station plays more obscure stuff. So slide it to one end and it sticks to playing all your favourites; slide it to the other end and you'll get a radio station of stuff you haven't heard in ages.

(2) [this is the one I can't remember] I think this one controls repetition? e.g. whether it keeps revisiting your favourite artists, or whether it takes you on a long musical journey of lots of different artists

A lot of that is hazy recollections of conversations, but it's something like that and it should revolutionise the radio. Still not really announced or confirmed yet though - hence my excitement at the message in the log - so take this with a pinch of salt.

• maz35 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Ene 2010, 13:33
    Good to see its still under development, I was starting to worry we'd never see a new client.

And those sliders sound amazing if thats accurate. What I've wanted for ages.

• dankine escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Ene 2010, 13:37
    jonocole said:
    An "extremely rough" ETA would be a beta releasein the next couple of months. But that's rough so don't hold me to it (I wouldn't want to disappoint).

When it comes to beta testing we'll probably be looking to members of the Audioscrobbler Beta group.

Cheers for the info, will keep a peeled eye on that group. And yup, no holding you to roughness ;).

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • case-oNe escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Mar 2010, 8:50
    Can't wait for any progress in development of the app..

• evilrix escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 8 Mar 2010, 19:15
    I started using the "(pre)alpha" version today... it's pretty sweet -- it'll be worth the wait. Jono and the rest of the Client Team are doing a fab job :)

• Tecfan escribió...
    • Event Moderator
    • 8 Mar 2010, 21:56
    I love pretty sweet pre-alphas, normally they turn out great ^^

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.