Foro » Feedback and Ideas

New Interface

• elmoro7 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 16:39

New Interface

The new interface is not good. You've turned one of my few internet pleasures visually into another Myspace or Facebook. Also it is RIDICULOUSLY SLOW to load now. Many pages simply don't load and the music player doesn't seem to work - which sort of defeats the purpose of coming to last.fm doesn't it? In any case I preferred the old interface for a variety of reasons not the least of which was that the layout actually provided for visual credibility and the pages always loaded and I could listen to MUSIC!!!!!!! Get it together or at least give us the option of reverting back to the more superior old interface.

E.M.7
  • Well said! And I Totally agree!

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 16:47
    the old one was a lot better

• meld0n escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 16:48
    Agreed on all accounts. This is awful. So, so awful.

I want to hurt myself now. Thanks for ruining my day.

• There are some things that are nice new features. But the Interface as a whole is much less Intuitive to use, and far less User Friendly.

• i couldn't agree more, i've removed everything possible from my user page and it still takes over 20 seconds to load, we don't need any more myspace clones, this is terrible :@

• I totally agree. I am completely sure that if there was an option to use the old interface, more than 60% of last.fm users would switch back.

I just don't get it. How did this new version ever showed up! PEOPLE DON'T EVEN LIKE IT!!!!

I left a feedback, I wrote a comment on the blog and no one has yet responded to all the negative reactions. It's just not only me. Too many people are not satisfied with this new look and want to switch back.

• i totally agree with elmoro7! please give us at least the option of using the old interface!

i liked the old one a lot! i was addicted, in a positive way. this will probably change now, since i dont need another facebook....!

• Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 16:58
    So i can say that this shocked me. Few arguments to say: new look - bad, because it load more slowly than before and thats the main thing, next - things that are simply NOT NEEDED on the main screen, why is it so filled with pointless things like artists? why the icons are so big? The profile screen is now divided somewhere on the whole screen.. you did a big CHAOS here. Lot and lot things that have no real use at all... too much action - too much pointless things - too much pain for me.

AND one bug here: i reset my account 7 days ago but with the new interface changes my new songs has gone.. and the old account songs are back ! What can i do with this.

• I agree.

plus:
    the charts suck.
    shoutbox is so far down.
    whats that fucking commerical!?

bring the old one back pls

• Greg_x7 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:06
    The slow loading is related to the magic thing called caching. The new files are being directly uploaded by last.fm servers to your computers instead of being cached (saved in a special folder) on your computers (and their cache servers, most probably). What's more, all of the raging and curious users are browsing the new site at the same time - more strain on the servers and connections.

I remember the same torrent of hate comments about the version that disappeard today, when it was released two years ago. And now people love it.
    Only possible solution: get used two it, stop bawwwing and raaaging, wait for the tuning that will commence almost immidiately.

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds"
  • @Greg_x7, the main problem here is that the new site is just a mess. The old last.fm had identity. It was different. And what do we got now? A parody of web 2.0!
    Last.fm used to be about the music we listen. So when I visit someone's profile, I see what their tastes in music are. This was the reason I liked last.fm - the musical revolution, right?
    It was different. Now it's like every other site on the web.

Editado por MidwinterSun el 17 Jul 2008, 17:30
    • sneakywan escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:22
    I completely agree on all points!

• Salurion escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:32
    omg, this is like going back to 2006!! xD

This is gonna be fun! :D

• Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:35
    I love the new interface. Plus I use Safari, so everything is always slow to load.

• Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:35
    New interface very slowly, not nice, and discomfortable, please change to old interface.

• While I think most people will end up liking the new layout soon enough and I honestly doubt 60% of last.fm users will switch back if there is a "classic" button, I still think a way to change back to the old website should be implemented if it's possible.

Also, I think people who say "STOP WHINING" should lay off, everyone's opinion counts.

• Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:36
    But please, let me paint it black!

• DFA1979 escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:41
    "paint it black" is on its way back some time soon, the last.fm blog says so :)

• _juh escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:43
    :(

• MidwinterSun said:
    @Greg_x7, the main problem here is that the new site is just a mess. The old last.fm had identity. It was different. And what do we got now? A parody of web 2.0!
    Last.fm used to be about the music we listen. So when I visit someone's profile, I see what their tastes in music are. This was the reason I liked last.fm - the musical revolution, right?
    It was different. Now it's like every other site on the web.

Well Said.

• _juh escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:44
    :(

• I don't like this new interface at all :-(

• wee_are escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:52
    it sucks

• wee_are escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2008, 17:53
    and its eating my cpu.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.