Foro » Feedback and Ideas

i know that i can't change my username BUT

• i know that i can't change my username BUT

i know that's because of scrobbles and about the data and stuff
    but it don't have a way to JUST change the name that appears on shoutboxes/forum/our profile
    but didn't change the username at all
    i don't know how to explain more clearly, but i think you get it
    my username REALLY annoys me!
    would it be possible?
    oh, and i'd love if someone actually replied this thread, thanks ;)

• dankine escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 30 May 2012, 19:00
    so you want devs to do a lot of work on a useless feature to circumvent them not being able to change usernames?

sounds good :/

• so i think i'll be annoyed by my username for the rest of my life :(
    thanks for the reply anyway

• dankine escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 30 May 2012, 19:02
    if youre using one of the players that keeps records of your playcounts you could try making a new account and reimporting them all.

• hmmm, i formated my computer and loss the old playcounts of my itunes
    so i think i'm stuck

• and i don't think you get my "idea" the only thing that would change is the name that appears on shoutboxes and things like that, i really don't know if it's hard but

• dankine escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 30 May 2012, 19:10
    I understood that, and replied accordingly. It isn't a matter of waving a wand and suddenly you have a display name.

There was/is a tool to download your playcounts and add em to the media player, but I've no idea where to look for it.

• hmmm so... ok :/
    i'll try to looking for the tool :) thanks

• Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 31 May 2012, 15:19
    ^ Does that actually work anymore? Scraping and importing to libre.fm works correctly, but it doesnt' seem like the tracks are reimported back to last.fm at all. Some last comments here seem to indicate the same as well.

edit: seems to work at least partially. Reimporting tracks that were already in the library weren't reimported (to avoid duplicates?), unsure if it would cause missing scrobbles in some way though.

edit2: ... or not. Of about 200 tracks imported to libre.fm, 4 mere tracks were duplicated 50 times into last.fm. Lol.

• i found other program instead of the listed here, doesn't worked very well, it lost severals plays and duplicated others, for example the artist Britney Spears in this profile has 2k+ plays, and when i reimport it had just 1k (i seriously don't know why) and some artists like marina & the diamonds, had her plays increased to 2k+, i used this one: http://theinstructionlimit.com/lastfm-scrobble-fetcher-mapper

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Jun 2012, 8:35
    I don't see how it's technically impossible to change usernames. If users have a unique ID for the system, the public screen name could be changed as much as we wanted. It'd be like other fields, as email or website.

• chicodelacalle said:
    I don't see how it's technically impossible to change usernames. If users have a unique ID for the system, the public screen name could be changed as much as we wanted. It'd be like other fields, as email or website.

i think this way too, anyway

• Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.