Foro » Development Discussion

Windows media connect

• MatthijsB escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jun 2006, 17:30

Windows media connect

Hello,

First of all thank you for this wonderfull site / programs.

But i've got a problem. I've got a Xbox 360 and I'm not using a media center pc to listen to the music.

Instead I use windows media connect to listen to music on my 360.

I haven't found any way yet to make this work with last.fm.

Is there a way? If so could someone please enlighten me. I've already used the forum search function

Thanks in advance,

MatthijsB

• robadob escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Jun 2006, 21:18
    I'm in a similar situation...

I use Winamp at home and at work on my PC but when I'm at home I also listen to a fair amount of music through my xbox360. This, as mentioned above, uses Windows Media Connect to access the music on my PC.

As far as I'm aware there is a piece of software that emulates WMC on the Mac which allows you to play music on your xbox360 from your Mac. The software, however, also sends the details of what has been accessed to iTunes (and thus can be picked up by the iTunes AudioScrobbler plugin). Perhaps something similar could be done with the xbox360 (as I doubt writing a piece of software to run ON the 360 is feasible what with Microsoft being as they are).

On a side tangent I'm also going to look for (and if I can't find then write) a plugin for Centrafuse, which is a piece of software I run on my Car PC to get music, video, satnav, etc. That way every where I listen to music it would be tracked on Last.fm (which would be uber cool ;)).

Cheers,

Robin

• MatthijsB escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Jun 2006, 13:07
    too bad I don´t use a mac.

But i´ll look for it anyway.

Thanks,

MatthijsB

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.