Foro » Development Discussion

Remote access API for last.fm journal?

• zgoda escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Jun 2006, 20:41

Remote access API for last.fm journal?

I'd like to have plugin for QuodLibet, that adds "blog this track on last.fm"-feature, but I didn't found any information on programmatic access to last.fm journal. Is it possible at all?

Update: found it under WebServices: http://www.audioscrobbler.net/data/webservices/#ljserver, sorry.

We read Knuth so you don't have to. -- Tim Peters
    • zgoda escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Jun 2006, 15:28
    Anyway, there are some issues with LJ protocol you use (and I am supposed to use if I want remote access to your journal service).

1. Clear-text password authorization. Sorry, it's 2006 now and people are far more concerned on possibility of lost of private data (last.fm is a kind of private data, isn't?) than it was 5 years ago, when LJ flat protocol was invented.
    2. Do any spec for special element classes exist? I mean, all those funny links to tracks and track previews, albums, artists or labels. Of course, I can reverse engineer what I see on last.fm site, but it's a bad idea, as in any case of RE.

I'd like to add support to last.fm journal in my weblog client JPA, but as most of users of JPA don't consider last.fm journal as their primary weblog service, they would be hard to convince it is of any value for them (even if they are last.fm users/subscribers).

We read Knuth so you don't have to. -- Tim Peters
Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.