Foro » Web Site Support

Site Problems: Library and Radio.

• evilrix escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 18 Jul 2011, 6:15

Site Problems: Library and Radio.

All,

Edit: As of this morning we're experiencing the same problems again. We are aware and are working to resolve this ASAP.

The engineering team are aware of the problems on the site and have been working very hard to try and resolve them. We know about the issues, you do not need to post new threads telling us or asking us when it'll be resolved.

As soon as we know you'll know. Until then, the best thing you can do to help us is it exercise a little patience whilst we try and resolve things. We really are working as hard as we can.

We'll post more updates as things progress but since the last thread I started (now deleted) was spammed to hell I am leaving this one locked so my updates are not lost in the noise.

Thank you for your patience.

Editado por Knapster01 el 19 Jul 2011, 9:54
    • evilrix escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 18 Jul 2011, 10:29
    Update: We appear to have stabilised the main user database and so we are now slowly bringing our systems back online whilst carefully monitoring things. There are quite a few services that rely on this core database so this is going to be a little bit of a slow process but we are making steps in the right direction.

Again, my apologies for this down time. We had a significant hardware failure in one of our critical database nodes and the fail-over that should have kicked in didn't quite go as expected (which is rather annoying as it's something we've tested plenty of times before). The net result was the load on our database reached a point where it was rejecting connections causing all the services that rely on it to start failing.

To try and mitigate things we put the database into read-only mode whilst we investigated. We're now at a point where the database is still read only but the load is sensible so we're slowly bringing the critical systems that power the core part of the site back online. Assuming that all goes well we'll then be able to switch the database back to read-write mode.

Thank you for your on-going patience whilst we try and resolve this issue.

• evilrix escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 18 Jul 2011, 16:59
    At the risk of speaking too soon, we've just restarted the final critical service that will restore normal service to the site and so far so good... everything is, once again, looking happy.

We're going to be monitoring things very (VERY) carefully for a while but all things being equal it looks like we're back online :)

• evilrix escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 19 Jul 2011, 9:15
    Since things appear to be back to normal I'm removing the sticky from this post.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.