Foro » Web Site Support

My "Top Albums – Overall" ain't working

• Rac` escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2006, 13:08

My "Top Albums – Overall" ain't working

I have in my "Top Albums" only one album, and I have listened only two songs from it. Where's the problem?

• Vader94 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2006, 13:18
    The Top Albums chart is not currently worth looking at. It only shows things you have listened to on the radio (I think).

Your favorite band sucks!
    • spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2006, 14:08

Re:

Quoth Vader94:
    The Top Albums chart is not currently worth looking at. It only shows things you have listened to on the radio (I think).

That doesn't mean it's not worth looking at. ;)

• akav0id escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2006, 15:45
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/53211

I'd say album charts is covered by the "Anything to do with Albums" bit ;)

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2006, 16:20
    Actually, I'm not sure MusicBrainz integration has a lot to do with album charts , since most of the comments that come regarding the overall page is from non-radio listeners. Submissions alone rarely update that page. I know because I noticed it myself before I became a radio listener. Perhaps submitting the MBID will have something to do with updating them (and then you'd be at least partially right) but then all plugins would need to be able to submit the MBID and currently only one or two can, to my knowledge.

• Vader94 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2006, 18:23

Re: Re:

Quoth spacefish:
    Quoth Vader94:

That doesn't mean it's not worth looking at. ;)

Ok, let me rephrase, then. The Top Albums chart is not currently worth looking at as an accurate chart if you don't use the radio. If you just want to see a collage of some album covers, then go ahead and look at it. There, now are you happy? :-)

Your favorite band sucks!
    • lozzd escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 11 Ene 2006, 2:04

Re:

Quoth spacefish:
    Actually, I'm not sure MusicBrainz integration has a lot to do with album charts , since most of the comments that come regarding the overall page is from non-radio listeners. Submissions alone rarely update that page. I know because I noticed it myself before I became a radio listener. Perhaps submitting the MBID will have something to do with updating them (and then you'd be at least partially right) but then all plugins would need to be able to submit the MBID and currently only one or two can, to my knowledge.

Correct, once the MBID album ID is submitted, Last.fm knows what album you've listened to, and thus displays it on the page. At the moment, all they can do is guess, which they don't want to do.
    Of course, all the streamable items you listen to on the last.fm radio have a MBID associated with them, so they display an album on the page.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.