Foro » Web Site Support

Artists appear twice in my library

• adg211288 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Abr 2010, 10:19

Artists appear twice in my library

I've noticed a bug in the library on my profile (first noticed a couple of days ago, thought it had cleared until this morning, when it is much worse), where several artists are listed twice when viewing by play count. It is fine if I switch to ABC ordering. The affected artists usually get fixed if I scrobble a track of theirs. The other day it was just two artists, now it is several.

I presume this is just a bug and not something I have done?

• Enter the names of these artists.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
  • This often happens in my library too. Here are some of the duplicated artists followed by the pages they appear on today.

Nolwenn Leroy 25 26
    Deniece Williams 25 26
    L'Âme Immortelle 41 42
    Meiko 45 46
    Sara Paxton 48 49
    Chungking 50 51
    Annie Barker 52 53
    B*Witched 51 53

This issue is also in another recent thread: http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/617719

• adg211288 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Abr 2010, 16:05
    WOLF & WINTER on page 6 and 7. They appear to be the only one affected right now. It varies.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Abr 2010, 16:13
    My guess (untested and unproven) is that this happens when the artists spanning pages have the same playcount. For example, if the last two artists on p5 have 100 plays, and the first two artists on p6 have 100 plays. When loading p6, it says "give me two artists who have 100 plays", and on some occasions this will include the same artist which it grabbed for the end of p5 too.

I'll do some more formal testing of this in a while :)

• I checked it in my library and I noticed the same thing, which wrote StudleyUK, so I think that this is not a bug, but the desired effect.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • N808a4 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Abr 2010, 18:28
    StudleyUK said:
    My guess (untested and unproven) is that this happens when the artists spanning pages have the same playcount. For example, if the last two artists on p5 have 100 plays, and the first two artists on p6 have 100 plays. When loading p6, it says "give me two artists who have 100 plays", and on some occasions this will include the same artist which it grabbed for the end of p5 too.

The neighbours list seems to behave similarly, sometimes. I've found the user listed at the bottom of one page listed again on the top of the next.

• We've found a similar bug in a Web Services thread, there'll be a fix going out shortly :)

David

• HodgeStar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 May 2010, 10:11
    wow, the definition of 'shortly'. ...btw, the A-Z bug is back too.

• There's still no fix to this problem? Oh please come on guys, it worked so well just a few months ago. Any recent "fixes" in the library system that could have caused this?

• HodgeStar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 May 2010, 9:59

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.